Hello all! We've been spending lots of time in the yard the last few weeks and getting things in shape for the summer. One day while doing my duty of watering the plants, I came across a nest that a Momma bird made in one of our hanging baskets on the front porch. I've been watching it and noticed about a month or so ago that there were 5 eggs! Now there are 5 babies! They are about 3 weeks old. The nest is only about 3 or 4 feet from my kitchen window, so I get to watch them while I'm doing dishes, etc. Momma and Daddy bird have gotten used to me and no longer fly away when I enter the kitchen. I've gotten to watch them make the nest, sit on the eggs, feed the babies and today I noticed that the babies have opened their eyes for the first time! So cute! This is a long post about baby birds, but it has been really fun to watch the whole process!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Spring has Sprung!
Hello all! We've been spending lots of time in the yard the last few weeks and getting things in shape for the summer. One day while doing my duty of watering the plants, I came across a nest that a Momma bird made in one of our hanging baskets on the front porch. I've been watching it and noticed about a month or so ago that there were 5 eggs! Now there are 5 babies! They are about 3 weeks old. The nest is only about 3 or 4 feet from my kitchen window, so I get to watch them while I'm doing dishes, etc. Momma and Daddy bird have gotten used to me and no longer fly away when I enter the kitchen. I've gotten to watch them make the nest, sit on the eggs, feed the babies and today I noticed that the babies have opened their eyes for the first time! So cute! This is a long post about baby birds, but it has been really fun to watch the whole process!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Jaim & Brad,
ReplyDeleteIt was our pleasure to see your baby birds in person. Thanks for sharing the photos.
Love you guys,
Dad
Hmmm, where's the story about when they left? ;)
ReplyDeleteLove, Sandy